Terms and Conditions
The following terms shall have the following meaning throughout these Terms and Conditions: 'Awards' means the UK Customer Experience Awards 2017.
'Services' means those services which are provided by Awards International or its affiliates or partners to provide the Awards and generally refers to the processes, the web and personal services for entry into the Awards, becoming a Judge and attending the Awards Finals and Presentations.
Customer' means the person or persons whose name appears on the appropriate form for the purpose of entering an initiative, becoming a Judge or attending the Awards Finals and includes all their appointed representatives.
'Company' means Awards International Ltd whose registered office is at Acacia Farm, Lower Road, Royston SG8 0EE.
'Parties' means the Customer and the Company when referred to jointly.
'Awards Forms' means any official form which constitutes part of the process of Entry, becoming a Judge or Booking to attend the Awards, as either web forms or hard or soft copy.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Terms and Conditions are set out by the Company and can be seen at the website http://c-x-a.co.uk at any time.
- The Parties agree to these Terms and Conditions by the Customer ticking the appropriate box on the appropriate form on the above-mentioned website and submitting the form on the above-mentioned website.
- In the case of the Customer requiring an Invoice, the Customer agrees to the Terms and Conditions by providing a completed Purchase Order.
- These Terms and Conditions are for the purposes of Entry, becoming a Judge and attending the Awards Presentation lunch.
- If there is any agreement between the Parties to vary these Terms and Conditions the Parties will do so in writing via email or post.
- Information supplied by the Company in relation to any activity is accurate to the best of its knowledge and belief but shall not constitute any warranty or representation by the Company.
THE COMPANY AGREES:
- To provide the Awards and Services and to ensure the Customer benefits from doing so to the best of its ability and in good faith.
- To provide the Customer with the Awards Forms and processes to enable them to enrol in the Awards for the reasons that they wish to do so.
- To provide the appropriate support and opportunities to communicate with the Company in the event that the Customer wishes to do so.
- To seek feedback from customers to improve the Awards and Services to the best of their ability.
THE CUSTOMER AGREES:
- That they wish to participate in the Awards and wish to benefit from the Services provided to the Customer in the manner that the Company determines.
- To comply with the rules or guidelines as provided by the Company from time to time to enable them to participate in the Awards and benefit from the Services.
- That they are authorised to apply for the Services.
- To pay for the Services according to the Terms and Conditions set out herein and in particular in clause 9 below.
CONFIDENTIALITY – THE COMPANY WARRANTS THAT:
- All information submitted will be treated with the strictest confidence.
- Any information which is readily available in the public domain or becomes available in the public domain after the submission of the entry will be exempt from the above point.
- All staff or persons who are in connection with the operation of the Awards will be required to see or review information provided by the Customer will be subject to an agreement of confidentiality.
- No information will be provided to third parties not involved in the running of the Awards without the written consent of the Customer.
- To use the Customer’s name and logo in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- To only use the name and/or logo of the Customer with the Customer’s prior approval and within reason, in the form required by the Customer.
- To ensure that all records of Customer information are retained securely and kept strictly confidential and in accordance with the Data Protection Act, in force at the time.
TRUE AND ACCURATE REPRESENTATION – THE CUSTOMER WARRANTS THAT:
- All information provided by the Customer in applying for an Award or for the Services is true and accurate to the best of their knowledge.
- They are entitled to submit such information as is required and in the event that they are an agent or a representative of third parties they will indemnify the Company from any complaint arising from any misrepresentation.
USE OF ENTRY INFORMATION BY CRANFIELD UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT
- The Customer agrees that the Company may share information from the Awards with the Marketing Faculty of Cranfield School of Management and its officials who operate the Cranfield Customer Management Forum (CCMF).
- In this case, officials refer to those professional academics engaged by Cranfield University School of Management and whose purpose is identifying and teaching best practice in business management.
- The Customer agrees that representatives from Cranfield University School of Management may contact them in relation to information provided for the benefit of academic research.
- If in any doubt with regard to any matters of confidentiality or sensitivity with regard to any information the Company will contact the Customer and request permission or guidance before taking further steps.
TERMS OF PAYMENT
- The Customer agrees to pay the price for the Services according to the Terms of Payment as advertised on the website http://c-x-a.co.uk
- In the event that the customer does not comply with the Terms and Conditions the company reserves the right to withhold the Services. This may mean, but may not be limited to, any of the following – where this forms part of the agreement between the Parties:
- The Customer may not be considered as a Finalist or Winner
- The Customer may not have their profile listed on the web site nor use the assets for the Awards for publicity
- The Customer may not attend the Awards
- The Customer acknowledges that failure to submit Awards Forms according to the rules and guidelines does not cancel the agreement between the Parties.
THIS MEANS THAT THE COMPANY WILL CONTINUE TO COLLECT PAYMENT WHETHER AN ENTRANT OR A JUDGE OR AN ATTENDEE PARTICIPATES OR NOT, ONCE THEY HAVE BEEN PROVIDED WITH AN INVOICE OR SUBMITTED PAYMENT UNLESS:
The Customer cancels within 14 days, in the case of credit cards, of making payment or in the case of receiving an invoice, the date of the Company’s invoice. HOWEVER:
- No refunds will be given within 30 days of the date of entries closing or the Awards Finals and Presentations
- In the case of Credit Card refunds 5% of the amount or £15 will be charged for a refund.
- After 7 days of the date of the invoice interest will be added to the balance owing at the rate of 2.2% per month in accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Act 1998.
- A £40 administration charge will also be added to the balance outstanding.
- Two reminders will be sent for the payment of the invoice. For each further reminder sent in order to recover the balance, we will add £40 to the balance outstanding.
- After two reminders have been sent in the absence of payment the Company will immediately apply to the County Court for a judgement and will not issue any further notice.
- Dates of events and activities may vary from those advertised on the website or other marketing information
- Changes are at the sole discretion of the Company
- There will be no communication between the Judges and those submitting Entries regarding judging criteria, process, and decisions on the Winners.
- The Judges’ decisions are final regarding all entries and the decisions on the Winners.
- Entry to the Award places no obligation on the Company that the Nominator will receive an Award.
- In the event that the Awards event cannot be held for any reason at the above-mentioned venue or date, the Company reserves the right to cancel or postpone the event or move it to a different venue. The Company will notify the Customer of any changes.
- The Customer shall have no claim against the Company in respect of any loss or damage consequent upon the activity or activities from failing to occur wholly or partially, for whatsoever reason save where such loss or damage is caused by the Company’s negligence, fraud or wilful default. This includes postponement or cancellation of the judging or Awards presentation event.
- The Company may substitute other activities or events in place of planned events or activities for the Awards, and in the event of such decisions, the Company will to the best of its ability give prior notice to the Customer.
- Neither party to the Terms and Conditions shall without the previous consent of the other party assigns any rights or obligations hereunder unless otherwise stated in the Terms and Conditions.
- Employees and agents of the Company shall not in any circumstances be liable for consequential, indirect or special damages of any kind arising out of or in any way connected with the performance or failure to perform the Awards services.
- Should any member of the Customer’s party behave in a manner that is unacceptable to the Company at the Awards Presentations, they shall be asked to leave the Event. In this case, the Customer will be liable to the Company for payment in full for all or any expenses incurred and for any fees that may ordinarily have been due for attendance or participation in such activities.
- In such case, the Customer may also be liable for any damages or compensation for damages caused under the circumstances.
- The Company will cooperate with all Customers to the best of its ability in all matters.
- The Company’s name and/or marques, branding or logo may not be used on promotional material for any form of publicity without the written consent of the Company or the Company’s representatives.
- The Company will not be liable for any loss or damage to the property of the Customer In the case of loss or damage to property, it should be reported to the venue holders or the Company at the time of discovery.
- The construction, validity and performance of these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the English Law and both parties agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions create legal rights, for, or enforceable by, any party other than the Customer and the Company.